Kaj Franck Design Prize to Rukka head designer Jasmine Julin-AroThe Kaj Franck Design Prize of 2012, awarded by Design Forum Finland, has been given to Jasmine Julin-Aro, who is Rukka head designer.
Her special field is functional outfits for motorcyclists. In the design of these products, she has boldly applied the results of research in the field and innovations in materials. Many products by her have been awarded design prizes both in Finland and internationally. Jasmine Julin-Aro is a prominent and experienced designer in clothing design, an interesting and promising sector of design. The prize jury especially commended her role as an advocate of the Finnish clothing industry and its strengths. The Kaj Franck Design Prize of Design Forum Finland is now awarded for the 21st time. The purpose of this prize, established in 1992 and named after the esteemed Finnish designer Kaj Franck (1911–89), is to support a designer or team innovatively designing industrially made products of high quality, operating actively in the field of applied art and also creating unique works. The winners of the prize represent many areas of top Finnish design.
- The new Rukka “Energater” suit
- Rukka and Sinisalo searching for agent
- Essential Rukka: Pohto jacket
- Crashed in Germany
- Crashed in the UK
- Rukka “AiRock”: two jackets in one
- Rukka “AquaAir”: the new functional overall made of Gore-Tex three-layer laminate
- MOTORRAD readers’ poll “Best Brand 2015”: Rukka once again among the Top Three of the category “text
- Flexius & Flexina
- Chariklo & Charikla
- Rukka “Outlast Fleece” midlayers