GOOD DESIGN prizePrestigious design prize for Rukka “Energater GTX” motorcycling outfit
Rukka’s “Energater GTX” does not only offer perfect weather protection, convincing safety and high wearing comfort. The high tech adventure style suit also features a pioneering design – as evidenced by the American GOOD DESIGN prize awarded by the world famous museum Chicago Athenaeum.
For no less than 66 years, the Chicago Athenaeum, one of the world’s most reputable museums for architecture and design, has been presenting not only annual awards for outstanding architecture and design but also the GOOD DESIGN prizes, honoring innovative product and graphic design in numerous categories. These awards not only rank among the most prestigious and recognized accolades for industry products but also among the oldest in this field. The GOOD DESIGN prizes honor high-quality products which are impressive in style, function and aesthetics, and have been awarded for projects as diverse as the Artemide Cadmo lamp and the Boeing 787 Dreamliner jet.
For 2016, the museum received submissions from several thousands of leading manufacturers and design firms from 55 countries applying for the coveted award with selected products, including Rukka with the Energater GTX. The high-profile jury panel awarded the Rukka motorsport design team with the one and only GOOD DESIGN prize for a product from the area of motorcycling outfits. This means the Energater GTX will become part of the museum’s permanent design collection, will be featured in the GOOD DESIGN Yearbook 2016/2017 and has been posted not only on the website of the Chicago Athenaeum (www.chi-athenaeum.org) but also on the website of the European Centre for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies (www.europeanarch.eu). On January 27, 2017, the GOOD DESIGN prizes will be officially presented to the winners during the gala event GOOD DESIGN NIGHT in New York.
- The new Rukka “Realer”
- The new Rukka motorbike jackets “Simot” and “Salli”
- Rukka and Gore – a partnership spanning three decades
- Rukka 2017 novelties in Motociclismo
- All-rounders: the quilted Rukka jackets “Warren” and “Wanda”
- Rukka women’s gloves “Virve” with X-Trafit
- Optimum protection with the lower back protector by Rukka
- A very impressive Husqvarna video
- High quality, highly visible: Rukka “Vis Vest”
- Congratulations to Mike Schram for the World Record!
- Rukka welcomes new Rukka Motorsport Italy team
- New at Rukka: plus sizes for well-built men
- The new Rukka outfit for ladies – Orbita
- The new Rukka “Energater” suit
- Rukka and Sinisalo searching for agent
- Essential Rukka: Pohto jacket
- Crashed in Germany
- Crashed in the UK
- Rukka “AiRock”: two jackets in one
- Rukka “AquaAir”: the new functional overall made of Gore-Tex three-layer laminate
- MOTORRAD readers’ poll “Best Brand 2015”: Rukka once again among the Top Three of the category “text
- Flexius & Flexina
- Chariklo & Charikla
- Rukka “Outlast Fleece” midlayers